Notes and Notices
The Miller House is looking for commitments to come in every Sunday night. Any men's group that would like to go once, or often, please contact Harvey at or call 508-540-5052
Wednesday Night OMWBBSS
The Wednesday night OMWBBSS is in need of support. The meeting is held at the Federated Church at 7:00pm in Hyannis, 750 Main Street.
IMPORTANT Barnstable County Jail Visit Information
IF you have not attended an orientation January 2018 or Later you MUST attend orientation again.
Volunteers must attend a re-orientation every 2 years in order to stay a qualified to enter the building.
If you have not attended an orientation since 2018 please contact the BCSO training Department at the following email to sign up for re-orientation. Also see the attached volunteer application, volunteer application should be updated every year.
For questions or sign up information use the contact information below
508-563-4485 Currently the dates and times are set for Re-orientation *** Dates for November will be announced soon
Understand our dress code policy includes - business casual
no jeans - no t-shirts - no shorts - no stretch pants (no yoga pants or leggings) - no sleeveless shirts - no flip flops or sandals
No excessive jewelry (no hanging earrings)
Both the facility and the GSR correctional chairs are working towards getting an accurate inventory of AA meetings being held monthly and which pods are being serviced.
We are asking AA groups bringing commitments or meetings into the prison to help.
This will let us know where we stand currently and more importantly where there are opportunities for further service at the prison. Most importantly, the prison will use this list to give sentenced inmates in attendance good behavior credits.
We thank you in advance for you cooperation in this inventory and we will be sure to keep you informed of the results!
This is how you can help:
1. There are 2 clear plastic wall pocket file bins on the wall just forward of the metal detector you will go through at check-in. One has blank forms to bring into your meeting and the second is where the completed form can be left when you leave. Please take one.
2. You can ask for an approved pen at the officer's desk in the pod you are going to.
3. You can fill in the date, the pod, the facilitator (chairperson), your AA group's name (important information), and the head count of inmates.
4. The inmates can fill in their own names and ID numbers by passing the list around towards the end of the meeting.
5. Please return the pen to the pod officer and place the completed form in the second wall pocket file on your way back into the visitor's waiting area.
NEW LOCATION FOR DISTRICT 1&2 GSR MEETING
Starting for January 2020
Cape Cod Covenant Church,
11 Satucket Road, Brewster, MA.
GENERAL SERVICE COMMITTEE
DISTRICTS 1 & 2 * AREA 30
Tuesday, March 10th, 2020. New GSR Orientation at 6:30 pm.
GSR Meeting starts at 7:00pm
11 Satucket Road, Brewster, MA.
Park out back, use set of all glass doors on
Left side of building, go downstairs (elevator available)
Contact GENERAL SERVICE COMMITTEE DISTRICTS 1 & 2 * AREA 30
Cape Cod MA
GENERAL SERVICE COMMITTEE DISTRICTS 1 & 2 * AREA 30
PO BOX 1450 Dennis Port, MA 02639
205 Old Main Street,
South Yarmouth MA 02664